Thursday, May 5, 2011

Having a Forward Market Mindset!


First of all, before I get started with this blog entry, I want to make it clear that I am not suggesting that we mentally skip summer or not enjoy the warm weather (Which I am still waiting for!) and all the activities that go along with the summer months.  And no, I did not get an endorsement fee from Old Man Winter for writing this blog.   In fact, before writing this blog I had multiple discussions with my clients and presented them an overview of the content that I will be posting. two things happened, 1.)  The look of sadness and dismay on their faces that I had suggested to mentally skip summer was not a good thing. 2.) I could hear the lighting of the fires and the rattles of the pitch forks and the words “Let’s get him”   By the way, I barley escaped a few offices.

Now, in no way am I saying not to enjoy and work hard in the summer.  The fact of the matter is that we are almost half way through the year.  (Yes, this is where the buzz kill comes into play) The Reality in the real estate business, and in most other businesses, is that we have to have a forward market mindset.  What I mean by that is we must be thinking what our lead generation plans are going to entail for the 3rd and 4th quarter of the year.  The old saying, “summer goes by so fast” is true.  Next thing you know you’re in September and looking at the end of the year.  Here are a few suggestions that I have that you can implement immediately to be proactive in not just generating leads for the 1st quarter of next year but actually closing deals in January, February, or March. 

  • If you don’t have a business plan in place right now, it’s time to get to it! (If you have questions on that please let me know.  I am here to help) If you do have a business plan in place it’s time to review it!  The real estate market can change, so your plan has to adapt to that as well.  I suggest reviewing your plan at least twice a month to make sure that you are on track. 

  • Don’t feel S.I.C!  We all may feel a little SIC when we don’t this in our business.  S= Schedule.  Must schedule time to sit and create your review your plan.  I= Implement. Take action and execute the lead generation and marketing actions steps in your plan. C= Commitment.  Make sure you stay focus and commitment to the strategies and lead generation activities that you have within in your plan. 

  • Tools & Recourses. (Now before I give you this valuable resource for your business, I just want to make it clear that I don’t receive compensation or sell this product.  I have used it for several years personally and it has been a great planning tool for my business.)   www.forecasts.org  This is a site that gives you economic forecasting for the next 3 years.  They forecast Housing Starts, Interest Rates, Oil, Dow Jones, Treasury Indexes and etc…..  Now the market can change at anytime, and nothing is guaranteed, but to have a tool that you can build your business around, that is pretty priceless.  Check it out and see what you think.  Please use this site at your own risk. 

Again, I am in no way wishing the summer away, I’m merely suggesting that we be proactive now in our marketing efforts to set us up for high level of activity in the 3rd and especially the 4th quarter so we can come out of the gates in 2012 not just generating leads but actually closing deals in the 1st quarter. 

So I ask you, do you have the Forward Market Mindset? 

Also, don’t forget to have a Positive Market Mindset as well!

Mike 

Contact me at: 






No comments:

Post a Comment